Dr. Haroun M. S. Abou Shama
- Name: Haroun M. S. Abou Shama
- Address: Department of Plant Biotechnology - Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Institute, Minoufiya University - Sadat City -Egypt.
- Telephone:+2050 - 2244600 (Home)
- Mobile:+2 0100447677
- E-mail: email@example.com
- - B.Sc. Agriculture science, Plant Production, Agriculture College, Mansoura
- M.Sc. Plant Tissue Culture - Horticulture Dept. - Faculty of Agriculture -
Mansoura University " in vitro propagation of Ficus ritusa Trees ". January
- Ph.D. Plant Tissue Culture - Horticulture Dept. - Faculty of Agriculture -
Mansoura University " Somatic Embryogenesis Induction From Cassia
nodosa Trees ". February 2000.
- Academic Experience:
- 1993 - 2000: Fellowship (for M Sc and Ph D.) in Horticulture Dept.-
Faculty of Agriculture - Mansoura University.
- 2000 - 2001: Assistant Researcher Agriculture Research Center . Palm lab. -
Dept. of Plant Biotechnology
- 2001 - 2002: Assistant lecturer. Department of Plant Biotechnology -
Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Institute - Minoufiya
- 2002 - 2007: lecturer of Plant Tissue Culture - Department of Plant
Biotechnology - Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Institute - Minoufiya University .
- 2007 until now: Associate Professor of Plant Biotechnology - Department of Plant
Biotechnology - Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Institute
- Minoufiya University .
- Teaching Courses:
- Experiments in plant tissue culture 1
- Somaclonal Variation
- Somatic Embryogenesis and Synthetic Seeds
- Tissue and cell culture practices in plants
- Fundamentals of plant cell, tissue and organ culture
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Teaching Courses
- Teaching and Research Interest by:
- Somatic Embryogenesis
- Bases of plant tissue culture techniques.
- Propagation of plants through tissue culture techniques.
- Production of virus free plants through tissue culture.
- Protoplast isolation, culture and fusion.
- Anther culture
- Adaptation of plants
- Designing and Establishment laboratories of plant tissue culture.
- Overcome all problems with in vitro culture methods
- low cost of plant tissue culture technique
- Designing and Establishment Embryogenesis and anther culture lab. In my Department.
- Designing and Establishment Mass Propagation lab. Noubaria Company. (Noubaseed)
- Estimate and attitude survey to Improve lab. of date palm Micropropagation. K.S.A.
- Awards, Honors:
Incentive Award and Certificate estimation from Minoufiya University for the
Academic year 2007 in the field of "Biotechnology"
- Post-Doctoral Research
From February 2008 to August 2008, post doctor at plant biotechnology lab. At
the University of Palermo- Italy - in :
- Applications of Flow-Cytomerty to plant tissue culture methods.
- Plant breeding through in vitro tissue culture techniques.
- Pollen embryogenesis carried out by anther and isolated pollen grains.
- Somatic and gametic embryogenesis in Mediterranean fruit tree crops.
Università degli Studi di Palermo - Viale Delle Scienze, 11 - 90128 Palermo -Italy
- Membership in Scientific Societies:
- Member of Egyptian society of Genetics.
- Member of Egyptian Horticulture society
- Approved complementary courses
- Qualifying of lecturer, Minufiya University
- Teaching Ethics, Minufiya University.
- Scientific thinking skills, Minufiya University.
- Effective communication, Minufiya University.
- Effective presentation skills, Minufiya University.
- Management of scientific research, Minufiya University.
- Preparing research project, Minufiya University
- Tenth Conference of low faculty - Mansoura University, "Genetic Engineering and low " from 2 to 3 April., 2006, Cairo, . Egypt.
- Bio-Vision Alexandria 2004," The new life science, Ethics, Patents and the poor." From 3 to 6 April, 2004. Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt.
- Second international Conference of Genetic Engineering & its Application. Sharm El-Sheikh city, 14 November, 2006.
Prof.ssa. Maria Antonietta Germana' Dipartimento SENFIMIZO - Sezione Frutticoltura Mediterranea, Tropicale e Subtropicale - Facoltà di Agraria - Università degli Studi di Palermo
Viale Delle Scienze, 11 - 90128 Palermo -Italy.
- List of publication
- Omaima M. Abdel-kafie., A. M. Hamza, and A. Okasha, Aboshama H. M. S (2001). Somtic Embryogenesis Production in Cassia nodosa As Affected by Sources and Size of Explant, Nutrient Media and Growth Regulators Regime. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Mansoura University 26 (5) : 2997- 3019
- Omaima M. Abdel-kafie, I. A. Ibrahim A. M. Hamza, and Aboshama H. M. S., (2001). Mass Propagation and Improvement of the Maturation and Germination of Cassia nodosa Somatic Embryos.
Journal of Agricultural Sciences , Mansoura University 26 (6) : 3855-3868.
- Omaima M. Abdel-kafie, M. N. Sharfeldin, A. M. Hamza, and Aboshama H. M. S., (1995) New Propagation Methods of Ficus retusa Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Mansoura Uuniversity 20 (7) : 3505- 3517.
- Aboshama, H. M. S. (2006) Micropropagation and Suitable Protocol to Overcome Hyperhydricity of Justicia brandegeana. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 31 (8): 5267 - 5280.
- Aboshama, H. M. S. (2006) New Source of Citrus Scions For In Vitro Micrografting. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 31 (7): 4515 - 4528.
- Aboshama, H. M. S. (2005) In vitro Direct Plant Regeneration of Calendula officinalis L. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 30 (12): 7955 -7964.
- Aboshama H. M. S.; H. A. Emara and A. A. Newer (2006). Large-scale propagation of Chrysanthemum morifolium Ramat through tissue culture techniques. Second International Conference of Genetic Engineering & its Applications-Sharm El-sheikh 14-17/11/2006.
- Aboshama H. M. S. and H. A. Emara (2004). In vitro Propagation of Gerbera jamesonii H. BOLUS. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 29 (12): 7409 - 7422,
- Aboshama H. M. S. and H. A. Emara (2005). Organogenesis and plantlet regeneration from cotyledonary nodes and leaf segments of pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan L. mills p). J. Prod. & Dev.10 (2): 359-370.
- Aboshama H. M. S., S. T. El-Afifi, Omaima M. Abdel-kafie and Hala E. Abd Allah (2006). Microtuberization of potato (Solanum tuberosum) L.:- 1- Protocol for production of microtuber in vitro. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 31 (9): 5651 -5661.
- Aboshama H. M. S., S. T. El-Afifi, Omaima M. Abdel-kafie and Hala E. Abd Allah (2006). Microtuberization of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.):- 2- In vitro production of microtuber under salt stress. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 31(9): 5663-5669.
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The High Institute of Marine Research. Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The Regional Workshop on Marine Sciences and Natural Resources, Tishreen University, Lattakia, Syria, 25-26 May 2004.
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The Egyptian Society for Biological Control of Pests . Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The First Arab Conference of Applied Biological Pest Control, Cairo, Egypt, 5-7 April 2004.
The First International Symposium on Environnement protection for development Biotechnological aspects. Fez, December
15 – 17, 2004.
The Second Syrian-Egyptian conference in the Agriculture and Food.
Agriculture Faculty, Al-Baath university, Homs, Syria. 25-28 April, 05
Current Status of Plant Protection in Yemen and Future Strategy.
Faculty of Agriculture, Sana'a University, Sana'a, yemen. December 18-20/2004
The 9th International Conference of the Orthopterists’ Society
Canada, on August 14 19, 2005
The First Arab Conference on Applications of Biological Control of Pests in Arab Countries
Middle-East Academy for Medicine of Ageing
First Annual Middle-East Age & Aging Meeting
8-11 April, 2004
Arab Society for Plant Protection (ASPP) in Cooperation with The Arab Scientists
Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in the Eighth Arab Congress of
Plant Protection, held in Faculty of Agriculture, Omar Al-Mukhtar University, El-beida
City, Libya, October 12-16,2003