Dr. Abdul-Rahman Ibrahim Al-Humaid
- Name: Abdul-Rahman Ibrahim Al-Humaid
- Address: Plant Production and Protection, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Qassim University, Buraidah PO Box 6622,
- Telephone:+ 966633801480 (Work)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- B.Sc. in: Floriculture, King Saud Univ., Saudi Arabia (Major: Ornamentals). June 1986.
- M.Sc. in Floriculture ( Maj.: Ornamental and Forestry, Min.: Physiology of Ornamentals) on Thesis title: "Holding temperature, transplant time, and plug size effects on growth and development of Vinca, Impatiens, Petunia, and Pansy plants" from Iowa State University, U.S.A. June 1991:
- Ph. D. in Floriculture (Maj.: Floriculture, Min.: Floriculture and Landscape Architecture) on Thesis entitled "S Characterization of Coleus xhybridus Voss. 'Gold bound' water requirements" , University of Illinois, U.S.A. June 1995
- Academic Rank
- Professor …. Qassim University, KSA (27/10/1426-H until now).
- Associate Prof.. King Saud University, KSA (18/12/1422 - 26/10/1426-H)
- Assistant Prof. … King Saud University, KSA (21/2/1416 - 17/12/1422-H)
- Ph.D. Degree …. University of Illinois. USA (23/1/1412 - 28/11/1415-H)
- M. Sc. Degree …. Iow State University, USA (21/1/1409 - 22/1/1412)
- Occupation :
- President of the Department of Floriculture and Forestry, King Saud University (Al-Qassim), 1999-2002.
- Vice Dean of the college of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, King Saud University (Al-Qassim), 2003-2004.
- Dean of the college of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Al-Qassim University, 2004-Now.
- Career Objective:
Stress physiology, Environmental adaptation, Physiology of ornamental plants, Landscape architecture.
- Teaching and Research Experiences:
- Teaching assist., Dept. of Floriculture and Forestry, King Saud Univ. 1985 to 1986.
- Assistant Prof., Dept. of Floriculture and Forestry, King Saud Univ. 1995 to 2001.
- Associate Prof., Dept. of Plant Production and Protection, Al-Qassim Univ. 2001 to now.
- Conferences and Scientific Meeting Attended:
- International Conference for Ornamental Plants October 1998.
- The 2nd Arabic Conference for Ornamentals (Egypt), 1999.
- King Saud Univ. Meeting for Ornamental plants and Forestry, 1999.
- Arabian Gulf Region Landscape Architecture Meeting (UAE), April, 2001.
- The 17th Meeting of Biology Society, Kingdom of Saudi, 2002.
- The International Conference of Date Palm Tree, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2003.
- The National Meeting for Floriculture Scientists , Syria, 2004.
- The International Meeting of Camel, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2006.
- Organization Memberships:
- American Society of Floriculture.
- The Honor Society of Agriculture Gamma Sigma Delta of America.
- The Honor Society of Pbi Kappa Pbi of America.
- The Saudi Arabia Society for Agricultural Sciences.
- The Saudi Arabia Society for Biology.
- The National Organization of Green Cover Protection. (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
- Industrial Commerce Chamber in Al-Qassim, (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
- Recepient of His Royal Highness prince Bunder ibn Sultan ibn Abdul Aziz, theambassador of the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques in Washington D.C. award for academic excellency which was 5000 dollars, in 1411 H.
- The award of excellence and outstanding social interaction in King Saud University. May 2000.
- A.R.E Award of honor presented by President of the University of Emirate, 2002.
- The award of Buridah State City in recognition of his pioneering effort and innovative work including reforestation, environmental protection and water reservation, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2003.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. and M. O. Warrag (1998) Allelopathic effects of mesquite (Prosopis juliflora) foliage on seed germination and seedling growth of bermudagrass (Cynodon dactylon). J. Arid Environments. 38: 237-243.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. and M. M. Mazrou (1998). Physiological influences of different soil moisture levels on some Gladiolus gandavensis cultivars. I. Growth and flowering. Minufiya, J. Agric. Res. 23: 157-167.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. and M. M. Mazrou (1998). Physiological influences of different soil moisture levels on some Gladiolus gandavensis cultivars. II. Dry matter yield, water use efficiency and some chemical constituents. Minufiya J. Agric. Res. 23: 169-179.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. and M. O. Warrag (1999). Effect of mesquite (Prosopis juliflora) pericarps aqueous extracts on seed germination and plumule radical elongation of bermudagrass (Cynodon dactylon). J. King Saud Univ. Agric. Sci. 2: 149-156.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2001). Physiological responses of Gladiolus gandavensis cv. Rosesupreme to cycocel (CCC) application. Alex. J. Agric. Res. 46: 89-96.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2001). The influence of foliar nutrition and gibberellic acid application on growth and flowering of 'Sntrix' rose plants. Alex. J. Agric. Res. 46: 83-88.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2001) Effects of osmotic priming on seed germination and seedling growth of bermudagrass (Cynodon dactylon) under saline conditions. Bull. Fac. Agric. Cairo Univ. 53: 265-274.
- Mazrou, M. M. and A. I. Al-Humaid (2000). Growth and flowering of some Gladiolus cultivars in relation to the chemical fertilization rates. Zagazig J. Agric. Res. 27: 635-644.
- Mazrou; M..M. and A. I. Al-Humaid (2000). Physiological influences of benzyladenine (BA) on the growth and flowering of Eivil Tower rose plants. Minufiya J. Agric. Res. 25: 1031-1040.
- Al-Redhaiman, K. N., H. M. Abdel Magid and A. I. Al-Humaid (1998). Evaluation of nitrate and fecal contamination of vegetables in the central region of Saudi Arabia. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ. 23: 4145-4153.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2003). Effect of Benzyladenine on the Growth and the Flowering of Sntrix Rose. Egypt. J. Hort. 30: 151-161.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2003). The Response of Some Gladioli Cultivars to Gibberellic Acid (GA). Egypt. J. Hort. 30 (4): 267-280.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2004). Effects of Compound Fertilization on Growth and Alkaloids of Datura. J. Plant Nutr., 27: 2203-2219.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2005). Effects of Glucose and Biocides on Vase Life and Quality of Cut Gladiolus Spikes. J. King Saud Univ.17: 11-23.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2004) Adaptation of some Gladiolus Cultivars to Al-Qassim Environmental Conditions. J. Arab. Gulf Sci. Res. 22(4): 248-256. (Bahrain).
- Al-Humaid, A. I. and M.I. Motawei. (2004). Molecular Characterization of Some Turfgrass Cultivars Using Randomly Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD) Markers. J. Food, Agriculture & Environment, 2: 376-380.
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2004). Silver Thiosulfate Prolongs Vase Life and Improves Quality of Cut Gladiolus and Rose Flowers. J. Food, Agriculture & Environment, 2: 296-300.
- Al-Humaid, A.I., M.I. Motawei and M.Y. Abdalla. (2004). Detection of Genetic Variation and Fusarium Resistance in Turfgrass Genotypes Using PCR -Based Markers (ISSR and SCAR). J. Food, Agriculture & Environment, 2: 225-229.
- Al-Humaid, A.I. (2004). Effect of bio and chemical fertilizers on the growth and essential oil yield of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare Mill.). Alex. J. Agric. Res. 49: 83-91.
- Moftah, A.E. and A.I. AL-Humaid (2004).Effects of Kaolin and Pinolene Film-Forming Polymers on Water Relations and Photosynthetic Rate of Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.) Plants Under Water Deficit Conditions. J. Appl. Hort. 6: 16-22.
- Moftah, A.E. and A.I. AL-Humaid (2004). Water requirements and use of Buttonwood (Conocarpus erectus) seedlings grown under arid conditions. J. Appl. Hort. 6: 48-52.
- A.I. AL-Humaid and A.E. Moftah (2005). Response of Vegetative and Reproductive Parameters of Water Stressed Tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.) Plants to Vapor Gard and Kaolin Antitranspirants. Arab Gulf J. Scientific Res. 23: 7-14.
- Nassar, I.N. and A.I. Al-Humaid (2005). The effect of matric and osmotic potential stresses on seed germination of Siris (Albizia lebbeck) tree. J. King AbdulAziz Univ. 16: 25-39. (Saudi Arabia)
- Al-Humaid, A.I. (2005). Effects of Hydrophilic Polymer on the Survival of Bottonwood (Conocarpus erectus) Seedlings Grown under Drought Stress. Europ. J. Hort. Sci. 70 (5): 1-6. (Germany).
- Al-Humaid, A. I. (2005). Effects of Glucose and Biocides on Vase Life and Quality of Cut Gladiolus Spikes. Acta Hort. 682: 519-526. (Italy).
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The High Institute of Marine Research. Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The Regional Workshop on Marine Sciences and Natural Resources, Tishreen University, Lattakia, Syria, 25-26 May 2004.
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The Egyptian Society for Biological Control of Pests . Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The First Arab Conference of Applied Biological Pest Control, Cairo, Egypt, 5-7 April 2004.
The First International Symposium on Environnement protection for development Biotechnological aspects. Fez, December
15 – 17, 2004.
The Second Syrian-Egyptian conference in the Agriculture and Food.
Agriculture Faculty, Al-Baath university, Homs, Syria. 25-28 April, 05
Current Status of Plant Protection in Yemen and Future Strategy.
Faculty of Agriculture, Sana'a University, Sana'a, yemen. December 18-20/2004
The 9th International Conference of the Orthopterists’ Society
Canada, on August 14 19, 2005
The First Arab Conference on Applications of Biological Control of Pests in Arab Countries
Middle-East Academy for Medicine of Ageing
First Annual Middle-East Age & Aging Meeting
8-11 April, 2004
Arab Society for Plant Protection (ASPP) in Cooperation with The Arab Scientists
Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in the Eighth Arab Congress of
Plant Protection, held in Faculty of Agriculture, Omar Al-Mukhtar University, El-beida
City, Libya, October 12-16,2003